Blog

 

Making Your Mark

Do you like it wet or dry? Dusty or sticky?   I'm talking about pigment, silly! I recently took three months off to paint in oil, the sticky stuff, as I call it. Immersed in colorful oily pigments that come out of a tube, and frankly, can easily turn into a mushy mess if not handled with care. A well earned break from the dusty side of pure pigment that comes in rounded or rectangular shapes called pastels. Beneath My Feet Lies the Rising Tide 12x12 Oil on Panel Pastels have been my medium of choice since I was fifteen years old. They're kinda like a [...]


How to Win Awards! My Best Kept Secrets...

I get asked frequently, “How do I get into a gallery?” How do I get people to buy my work?” “How do I get into the big shows?” Recently, an artist taking one of my three day workshops insisted he wanted to know the trick to getting his work into shows and how to make people “open up their wallets”, as if I knew the secret and was holding back the answer... [...]


What's Your "ISM"?

    Where Do I Fit?                       That’s the question I have to ask myself, because I‘m working on refreshing my online presence and re-investing in my infrastructure…  Thanks COVID, mid-life crisis, feeling left behind, you pick. You know, trying to keep up with the Kardashians and influencers of the world through social media and branding. UGH!   But, how authentic is branding yourself when you are not sure where you fit? Historically, speaking.   DEFINING YOUR LIFE'S WORK Artists are continually asked to define their work. Not an easy task to say the least. Which “ism” am I??  We like to believe that our work is unique, original, [...]